Virginia Peninsula Realtors® Market Report Key Takeaways
- The Virginia Peninsula region has experienced robust job growth over the past year which has supported a strong housing market. However, the region’s economy remains somewhat vulnerable to actions taken by the Federal government, including budget cuts and shutdowns.
- Mortgage interest rates remains at historically low levels. Potential homebuyers and sellers should expect rates to remain low, at least through the spring and into the summer.
Housing Market Conditions
- Sales activity surged 17% in the Virginia Peninsula footprint compared to this time last year, the fastest sales growth in nearly 3 years.
- Home prices moderated somewhat, and the 1st quarter median sales price remained flat compared to last year.
- Homes continue to sell faster in the Virginia Peninsula market compared to a year ago, a reflection of a low inventory of homes on the market and continued buyer demand.
- After more than 2 years of shrinking inventory, the level of active listings has increased for 3 consecutive quarters in the Virginia Peninsula region compared to last year, evidence of changing market conditions that could possibly start to impact prices in the coming months
READ THE FULL REPORT HERE!
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 12 – 1:30 p.m.
HARD KNOCK LESSON OF REAL ESTATE
FREE Lunch & Learn Seminar With Catered Lunch!
PANEL DISCUSSION ON LESSONS LEARNED:
- Kimberly Orange, 2018 Rookie of the Year, EZ Vest Realty
- Anita Cox, Almond & Hack Realty
- Dana Robbins, Berkshire Hathaway Towne Realty
- Leighton Stone, Greg Garrett Realty
- Crystal Sullivan, Virginia Coast Realty
- Shaheen Law Firm will provide lunch!
REGISTER AT MEMBERS.VPAR.REALTOR
VPAR MAY MEMBER SOCIAL
FREE APPETIZERS, DOOR PRIZES AND GREAT NETWORKING!
TITLE SPONSOR: BB&T HOME MORTGAGE
Affiliates can bring additional door prizes!
MONDAY, MAY 20TH 5-7 P.M.
980 Omni Blvd.
Newport News, VA 757-240-4371
Brought to you by the 2019 VPAR Member Relations Committee
Vendor Registration Form 2019
ATTENTION VPAR AFFILIATE MEMBERS
REALTOR® FEST -TRADESHOW CARNIVAL
Choose how to decorate your tradeshow booth!
REALTOR FEST TRADESHOW IS TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24th
12-4 P.M. AT THE MARRIOTT IN CITY CENTER!
A GREAT WAY TO CONNECT WITH YOUR INDUSTRY PEERS – PLEASE SEE THE LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION AND THE SPONSOR & VENDOR REGISTRATION FORM!
Please let your contacts who have individual businesses – a la Mary Kay, Silpada etc… know too!
Level 1 Sponsorships go quickly!
– LUNCH INCLUDED – WITH A SOCIAL AT THE END OF THE DAY! HOW WILL YOU DECORATE YOUR BOOTH AND/OR PLAY A CARNIVAL GAME – YOU DECIDE!
BEST DECORATED BOOTH WINS A FREE BOOTH NEXT YEAR! AND CALL JO MCNAMARA AT 599-5222 OR EMAIL JO@VPAR.ORG WITH QUESTIONS.