For three years, the Governance Game Changer PAG (Presidential Advisory Group) has examined the components of governance of the National Association, including structure, process, people, resources, and culture/environment. The PAG recommendations, published in the report below, are based on a comprehensive, multi-year plan involving examination of research, member feedback, and case studies from both in and outside of the real estate industry. We believe these recommendations support efficient and transparent operation of NAR, allowing the National Association to govern forward, well into its second century.
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
NAR’s Board of Directors and Delegate Body will be asked to approve recommendations that transition NAR into a modern, mission-driven governance system. As explained in detail in the PAG Report, these recommendations would:
• Eliminate the Delegate Body and transfer its authority to the new Board of Directors.
• Constitute a new Board of Directors capped at 1,000 members whose new authority, role, and focus would be as a strategic body representing the full diversity of the membership, and implement a new state and local association Director allocation formula.
• Constitute a new Executive Committee that is substantially smaller and more nimble than the Board, and that meets at least four times a year.
The new Executive Committee has authority to approve committee recommendations and policy changes, except for those which specifically require approval of the Board (amendments to the Bylaws and to the Code of Ethics, NAR budget, dues, and assessments), and committee recommendations that the Leadership Team or Executive Committee may refer to the Board for vetting and approval.
• Establish an enhanced role for the Regional Vice President position with new qualifications and performance expectations.
• Establish leadership qualifications and performance expectations for all appointed leadership positions at NAR that will be the purview of the new Leadership Identification and Development Committee to oversee and implement.
• NAR Leadership Team and members of the PAG will be available to meet with stakeholder audiences over the next several weeks leading up to the Annual Conference in November, and will provide additional materials throughout the next few weeks via the Hub and govpag.realtor to help answer questions and provide forums for robust debate and discussions.
• Further questions or requests for someone to speak at a meeting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The full report, FAQs, and detailed information are all available at govpag.realtor.
Read the full report here….https://www.nar.realtor/national-leadership/governance-game-changer-presidential-advisory-group-pag