Virginia Peninsula REALTORS®
1001 North Campus Parkway, Hampton VA 23666
Voice: 757.599.5222 Fax: 757.596.3911 https://www.vpar.realtor
(Distributed July 12, 2019)
- The VPAR Nominating Committee is accepting applications from the Virginia Peninsula REALTORS® membership for the following 2020 Officers & 2020/2021 Board of Director positions:
President Elect– 1-year term
Board of Directors Member (4 positions available) – 2-year terms
- NOTE: Any Virginia Peninsula REALTOR® member may submit the application of any eligible Virginia Peninsula REALTOR® to the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee will only consider candidate nominations completed and submitted on the official BOD Application form 2020. Application forms are available from Nominating Committee Members, at www.vpar.realtor under VPAR Leadership and from the Association Office. You are advised to obtain the candidates acceptance as a nominee prior to submitting his/her name. We encourage you to take an active interest in your Association’s future and participate in this important process. An individual may submit his/her own name.
- Please email the following information:
subject line: 2019 VPAR DIRECTOR APPLICATION
to: Carl Burt, 2019 Nominating Committee Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
cc: Jim Wetzel, CEO – email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: BOD Application form 2020 must be received by the Association no later than 5:00 p.m. Thurs, August 15th, 2019.
- Candidates for Director must have been a REALTOR® for at least three (3) years, have been a member of VPAR for at least two (2) years and have acceptable committee involvement, a registered voter and leadership experience. In addition to meeting the requirements for Director, candidates for officer positions must currently be serving on or have previously served at least one (1) year on the Board of Directors. All applicants must be prepared to serve the Association in various ways by attending monthly Board of Directors meetings, special work sessions, annual leadership conferences, membership meetings, etc. Position Descriptions will be made available to all candidates.
- In addition to the above, certain Officers and Directors will be required to serve on the VAR Delegate Body and attend 2 VAR meetings (February Leadership Conference and Fall Annual convention). The Association may, based on availability of funds, assist with expenses incurred.
- The Nominating Committee will interview each candidate prior to the final selection by the committee. Interview questions will be provided in advance. The candidate interviews will be scheduled from Tuesday, August 20, 2019 beginning at 1pm thru Wednesday, August 21, 2019 ending at 12noon during regular business hours. If unable to participate in the scheduled interviews, please contact Jim Wetzel, CEO at 757-599-5222.
- The Nominating Committee will announce the Nominees selected no later than August 30, 2019.
- Absentee Voting will be available starting October 7, 2019 until VPAR Election Day October 14, 2019 in person at the Association Office during regular business hours. Voting time will be from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 pm during regular business hours.
- Voting will be available on VPAR Election Day, Monday, October 14, 2019 at the Association Office and ONLINE from any location for all members from 8:30 a.m. until ballots close at 4:30PM.
- Official results of the election will be immediately tabulated and verified by the Tally Committee and will be announced at General Membership Meeting on Tuesday, October 15th at 9:00 a.m.
- The future of YOUR Association rests with the quality of leadership. We, the Nominating Committee, look forward to your active voice and participation in this very important process.
2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS TERMS TERM EXPIRES
Carla Carney, President November 2019
Lindsay Pennington November 2019
Carl Burt, Immediate Past President November 2019
Sandra Hood Treasurer November 2020
Stephenie Shanks November 2019
Valarie Miller November 2019
Peggy Todd November 2019
Adam Triplett November 2019
Ruby Conn November 2020
Michelle Helmsderfer November 2020
Kaera Mims November 2020
**The standing President-Elect automatically assumes the presidency the following year.
2019 NOMINATING COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS:
Carl Burt, Immediate Past President and Committee Chair; Frank Cotrupi; Donna Moyer; Chandra Patterson, Regina Scott, Kelly Corbett-Alternate, Ada Greene-Alternate