August is lining up to kick off a very busy fall for VPAR. In the coming weeks, many of our members & leadership will be heading to Chicago for a whole variety of Leadership training. We are very proud of each one of them!
Last week, the CDC announced a new targeted eviction moratorium. Most of our REALTOR Property Managers are aware of how this will affect landlords and tenants. However, many others may have questions. Virginia REALTORS® has posted important COVID-19 Resources and Updates for Property Managers. VPAR provides useful Resources for Property Managers including the NAR Rental Assistance Resources, CFPB Resources . Please read them yourselves and feel free to share with the community. Please continue to visit our website VPAR.REALTOR or Facebook page @VAPeninsulaRealtors for resources, events, and articles.
I would like to personally invite each of you to attend or register for the following events:
- August 17 (5pm-7pm) VPAR August Social, Craft 60 Taphouse & Grill on Warwick Blvd
- August 26 (9:30am-10:30am) Are You a Manager or a Leader? with Scott Comey The first in a 4-part Learning Leaders Series, exclusive and relevant leadership topics and speakers developed by our Broker Manager Council just for you and open to All Members! Cost is $99 for the whole series and each session will be held at the James River Country Club at 9:30 a.m to 10:30am including light morning refreshments. Register at the VPAR member portal: https://members.vpar.realtor/
THANK YOU to our sponsors:
Atlantic Bay Mortgage
Cinch Home Services
- October 7 (12-4pm) REALTOR® Fest Tradeshow at the Marriott City Center. Now accepting Vendor Registrations for this annual Do Not Miss Event !
- September 21-23 Centennial 2021 Virginia REALTORS® Annual Convention at the Richmond Marriott. Keynotes from Egypt Sherrod TV and Radio Host & Henry Winkler Emmy Award-Winning Actor. Registration is open. Virtual Registration is coming soon.
- November 12-15 RISE & SHINE -2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo San Diego & Virtual Registration is open, Virtual registration is available.
- November 19 (6:00 – 9:00pm) VPAR Installation & Awards Banquet at Holiday Inn Newport News – Hampton. Registration coming this fall.
See you in September and, in the meantime, I wish each of you a fun-filled and safe August.
2021 VPAR President