John G. “Chip” Dicks
Your Favorite Real Estate Legal Guru and VRLTA Pro!
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
$25.00 per member
$30.00 per non-member
• Designed for real estate brokers, property managers and salespersons
• Discuss NSF checks as they pertain to escrow accounts
• New Laws – what is Chip’s take on how to best protect yourself
• The new changes that make unlawful detainees & evictions easier
• VREB Self Audits
• Meth Lab Disclosures
• Pet fees versus pet deposits
• Protective orders and rent issues
• What each new tenancy really means in the State Code for smoke detectors
• Hoarding as a new disability – what reasonable accommodation means
• The awareness and information you need to protect your business
• Bring your own questions for Chip- we have him for three hours!!
John G. “Chip” Dicks
John G. “Chip” Dicks, Manager of FutureLaw, served as an elected member of the Virginia General Assembly during the 1980s. Since leaving the Legislature, Chip has represented associations and businesses on administrative, legislative and regulatory matters before state government agencies and the General Assembly. He has substantial experience in representing developers on a variety of land use applications in a number of localities in Virginia. Chip has expertise in the laws and regulations affecting billboard signs and in the field of landlord tenant and fair housing laws. Chip is a seasoned professional who helps the client identify and refine strategic goals, and then establish an implementation plan to meet the client’s time frame for completion of a project. Outside of the practice of law, Chip is an active real estate investor through Capital Realty & Investment Company, and is an owner in a number of private companies including an e Notarization company, a wireless communications company and an alternative energy company
Virginia Peninsula Association of REALTORS®
1001 North Campus Parkway, Hampton
Rose & Womble Realty, Century 21 Nachman Realty, Commonwealth Exterminating, OVM Financial, Karen Kennedy of State Farm Insurance, The Detector Inspector, ERA Real Estate, Julenn Keeling, Exit Real Estate Solutions, and Amanda Walsh Real Estate
QUESTIONS? CALL 757-599-5222
Cancellations must be received within 48 hours of the event to receive full refund.