We are watching the National Hurricane Center’s forecasts for Hurricane Florence. The current forecasts has some uncertainty but there is a strong possibility that the City of Newport News will be impacted by the storm by mid to late week next week. Now is the time to begin preparations. As you can see from the attached graphics, the storm is predicted to continue on its current course for the next several days. We will continue to monitor the forecast and will issue daily updates or more often if necessary.
If the storm hold on its current course and speed, the potential that we could be impacted by tropical storm force winds by sometime Wednesday is possible. That should be your target for having all preparations completed. The forecasts are subject to change so we will keep you updated as the next few days progress.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact us here at the EOC.
George T. Glazner, CEM®
Division of Emergency Management
513 Oyster Point Road
Newport News, VA 23602
Office (757) 269-2901
Cell (757) 559-4089
NOMINATIONS FOR 2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Nominating Committee is proud to announce the following slate of Officers and Directors for consideration by the membership:
2019 President Elect (1 Year Term)
Lindsay Pennington – Greg Garrett Realty
Peggy Todd – Liz Moore & Associates
• NOTE: There are Two (2) nominees for One (1) 2019 President Elect Position
Treasurer (2 Year Term)
Sandra Hood – Coldwell Banker Traditions LLC
Director (2 Year Term) – 3 Open Positions
Ruby Conn – Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Towne Realty
Michelle Helmsderfer – Rose & Womble Realty Company
Kaera Mims – Liz Moore & Associates
Russell Skidmore – Skidmore & Associate REALTORS, Inc / Frank & Shapiro Real Estate
• NOTE: There are Four (4) nominees for Three (3) 2019 – 2020 Director Positions.
• Additional candidates for the offices to be filled may be placed in nomination by petition signed by at least ten percent (10%) of the members eligible to vote. The petition shall be filed with the Chief Executive Officer at least fourteen (14) days before the election.
• Election by secret ballot will be Monday, October 15, 2018 from 9:00 to 5:00 p.m.
• Absentee ballots must be cast in person within the 7 day period prior to the election.
• The President will appoint a Tally Committee of not more than (5) members to count the ballots. Ballots will be voided if votes are not cast for total number of positions open (e.g. 3 votes and 3 positions available) with the exception of unopposed candidates for officer positions.
• The President will not be on the ballot since current President-elect (Carla Carney) automatically assumes the Presidency in 2019, per the Bylaws.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Nominating Committee Chair, Chandra Patterson at email@example.com or Jim Wetzel, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look for candidate profiles in the fall Peninsula REALTOR Digital Magazine Update On-line!
The National Association of REALTORS® proudly introduces the Center for REALTOR® Financial Wellness, a new resource designed exclusively to meet the specific financial planning needs of REALTORS®. This new comprehensive program includes education materials and resources for wealth building, business planning, and investing in real estate.
Nearly nine out of 10 REALTORS® are independent contractors and face complex situations when it comes to personal finances. Unique attributes such as fluctuating income, taxing issues, and lack of salary cap require a different perspective.
Log-in to www.FinancialWellness.realtor to assess your current financial profile, receive personalized financial planning goals, practice financial planning decisions in a risk-free way, and explore a robust library of budgeting, retiring, and real estate investing resources.
This complimentary program has something to offer all NAR members and REALTOR® Association staff—no matter their level of professional expertise or stage of financial planning. Watch this video to learn more about the Center for REALTOR® Financial Wellness:
Registration is now open for BROKERPLUS 2018! As the leading expert in brokerage valuation, Steve Murray has the best perspective on what YOU can do to improve your business model. Whether it’s exploring effective realty leadership techniques, or planning ahead of industry advancement, the insights that Steve Murray offers are real world reflections of how to flourish in the real estate industry.